Tuesday 14 August 2012

Cauliflower Pakoda or Cauliflower Fritters

My earliest memories of  "Cauliflower Pakoda" is during my childhood days when we were living in Mangalore, and my Mom would fry these delicious pakodas and all my neighboring friends would come home just smelling the lovely aroma.
Once she had made it during our apartment Association meeting/High Tea party and everyone loved it. 
Since those days this snack has been one of my favorites and now its the same with my daughter.
Like most of my other dishes, this one too is very easy to make and will be loved by kids.
A little bit of indulgence since it is deep fried, but once in 1-2 weeks is fine....I guess!
Try making this on days when your kid comes back from school and says "Mamma I have had too much of healthy food from last 1 week, and I want some nice snack"
This is exactly what my little one says after an overdose of home cooked healthy food.


Serves 3
Ingredients:
Cauliflower - 1/2 kg
Besan or Gram flour - 5 tbsp
Hing or Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera or Cumin - 1 tsp(this is optional but its good for digestion)

Red chilly powder - 1 tsp (Optional)
Oil for frying - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method :
Wash the cauliflower well in warm water and drain out all water content.

Cut into tiny pieces or florets and keep aside.
Make a thick batter of hing, cumin, salt, red chilly powder, besan or gram flour. Consistency of the batter should be like of regular  dosa/pancake.
Now take a deep frying pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and when really hot, dip the cauliflower florets into the batter and drop into the oil.
Fry till golden. Drain excess oil on kitchen towel.
Serve hot with hot cup of tea or coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shilpa,
    I like your quick short recipes and are easy
    to follow even for a beginner.
    I have a blog , a little different !
    Take a look.
    http:www.cnarsi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Search my blog