Monday 12 November 2012

"Theek Tukdi" in Konkani or Savoury Diamond cuts



"Theek Tukdi" or "Savoury Diamond cuts" is a deep fried snack that is made during festivals like "Diwali" or "Deepavali".
This is snack which can be stored for a few days in air-tight containers.
This snack is very popular in the Konkani community.
Easy to make and very delicious!
During my childhood my maternal grand mother and my mother used to make this quite often.
I learnt this dish from my Mom.

Ingredients:
Maida/All purpose flour - 1 cup
Salt - 1 tsp
Red Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Hing/Asafoetida - 1 tsp
Hot oil - 2 tbsp
Oil - for deep frying

Method:
Make a thick chapatis like dough, using maida, salt, red chilly powder, hot oil  with sufficient water.
The dough is ready when it no longer sticks to your hand.
Now divide the dought into 4 equal portions.
Now roll the dough into thin 1/4 inch thick circles, and cut using the diamond cutter.

Now take a deep frying pan, add oil, and fry the diamond cuts on low heat, till well done and crisp.
Drain on absorbent paper.
It is so tasty that you will not know when to stop eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog