Wednesday 21 November 2012

Stir Fried Spinach with Black eyed Beans


My menu for lunch as well as lunch boxes today was supposed to be  "Black eyed peas in Chilly Garlic broth or "Alasande Bea Saarupkari" in Konkani,  with rice.
But my lil one gets up in the morning and says she does not want to take rice for lunch but wants Chapatis. 
Well! what option do I have now, that is just 20 minutes more for her school bus to land and I have some boiled black eyed peas with me.
Remembered I had some Spinach in the fridge which I had bought y'day, so quickly made this dish and alongside made chapati dough and quickly made chapatis.
Now I'm sure you will agree to the saying "Necessity is the Mother of Invention"
And lo! it tasted great...! Took me just 5 minutes to make this....and my lil one tasted a bit before packing it and loved it!!
And I was in such a hurry to pack the lunch boxes that I had no time to get a good background to click the pic, so had to keep it on one of the paintings my lil one does day in and day out.
Not sure if you will like the background, but am sure you will love this dish!


Serves 3
Ingredients:
Black eyed peas - 1 cup - boiled and drained (you could used the boiled stock to make rasam)

Spinach - 1 small bunch - chopped

Dry red chilly - 2 - cut into pieces
Garlic flakes - 6 - crushed partially with skin
Oil - 1 tsp - I used Olive oil
Salt to taste

Method:
Take a large pan, keep on medium heat, add oil, then add the crushed garlic flakes and fry till almost golden around 2 minutes.
Now add the red chilly pieces and fry for 1 minute.
Then add the chopped spinach and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add salt mix well and now add the boiled black eyed beans and mix well.
Serve hot with Rotis/Chapatis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog