Saturday 5 May 2012

Mirchi Bajji (Green Chilly Fritters)


Everytime it rains in the evenings, the first thing that comes to my mind is a hot cup of tea/coffee with some yummy fritters.
I have a big list of "Rainy Evening Snacks", I would say "Mirchi bajji or Green Chilly Fritters" is my favourite...
The speciality of this preparation is that although it sounds spicy, its isn't. My little one loves it , Am sure yours will love it too, just make it my way.


Ingredients :
Green Chilly - around 12 - Use the long light green chillies since they are not pungent or spicy and perfect for fritters.





Besan or Gram flour - 5 tbsp
Hing or Asofoetida - 1 tsp
Roasted Jeera or Cumin - 1 tsp(this is optional but its good for digestion)
Oil for frying - 2 tbsp
Lemon juice - of 1 lemon or Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Method :
Cut the green chillies in halves lengthwise and remove the seeds of the chilli as shown.
Since these light green big chillies are not as pungent as the dark green small chillies its alright to keep the seeds. But I remove them since my daughter cannot eat it along with seeds.
Add salt and lemon juice to these slit chillies, mix well and allow to marinate for atleast 30 mins.
Now make a thick batter of hing, cumin, salt, besan or gram flour. Consistency of the batter should be like of regular  dosa/pancake.
Now take a deep frying pan, add 2 tbsp of oil and when really hot, dip the green chillies into the batter and drop into the oil.
Fry till golden.
Serve hot with hot cup of tea or coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog