Saturday 28 February 2015

Dish #405 - Cajun Prawns


During my recent trip to California USA, I had been to these chain of restaurants "Bubba Gump Shrimp Co" and whoa... what an amazing menu they have....almost everything there was Shrimp/Prawns/Lobster... I was totally amazed...had couple of meals in these restaurants and totally loved the food...
And every time I ate there I missed my daughter so much, as she loves prawns, and I decided that I am going to make some "Bubba Gump" inspired dishes when I get back to Bangalore.
One of the dishes I had there was this bucket full of prawns cooked in Cajun Spice.
This was the first time I tasted the Cajun Spice and loved it...
Now after getting back to Bangalore I even managed to find the "Cajun Spice" in one of the Online Grocery stores and today I made these yummy prawns in Cajun Spicy sauce.

Its just lip smacking delicious....and very easy to make...
You can serve these with home made Garlic bread or Corn on the Cob to make a complete meal....


Serves 2-3
Ingredients:
Shrimps/Prawns - 500 gms - peeled and cleaned
Garlic - 1 pod - peeled and thinly sliced
Butter - 100 gms
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Cajun Spice - 2 tbsps
Salt to taste
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp

You can also make Home made Cajun Spice mix with below ingredients:
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/4 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)

Method:
Take a large shallow pan, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and fry till lightly golden. Add the Cajun Spice and fry for 30 seconds and then add the prawns and mix well, Stir fry for 3-5 minutes maximum till all the prawns  change color and become opaque. Taste a bit and add salt if required. Do not over cook as it will harden the prawns. Now switch of the heat and lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot with home made Garlic bread or Corn on the Cob to make a complete meal....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search my blog